The Tour of Heroes: Unbridled 🦄
Alyssa is a Sr. Angular Developer Advocate for KUI and a Google Developer Expert for Angular. Her two degrees (Web Design & Development and Psychology) feed her speaking career. She has spoken at over 30 conferences Internationally. She streams weekly on the Angular Air podcast and Twitch CodeItLive channel. She enjoys gaming, scuba diving, and has a little one that fondly goes by "Mr. Milks".
A workshop for UI and Angular beginners alike. Let's pull down the Tour of Heroes app (written by John Papa and found throughout the Angular docs) and give it a UI upgrade! All you will need is a laptop and your favorite data set (mine, of course, will be ponies.)
- Dive into the Tour of Heroes demo application like never before!
- Learn about integrating SASS into your Angular Project.
- Learn how to include a Component Library into your Project. (We will be using Kendo UI but the principles are to implement a UI Library are pretty universal.)
- Play around with customizing styles and writing custom CSS from scratch.
- Go over UI/UX principles and implement them on the fly.
- Take part in UI challenges throughout the Workshop and win prizes!
Workshop Setup & Installation:
The README has all the instructions you should need. Any code challenges that we have during the workshop will be done in StackBlitz (no install needed). The rest of the code will be done in The Tour of Heroes application on your local machine.